WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 6 December 2013

Anxious Parent (+ edit)

Hello everyone, hope you survived the storm and floods of yesterday.  There were over 70 flood alerts for this area but, thankfully, we are still high and dry, although I know there were many who have the awful job of clearing up the mess from the storm surge tides of last night and this morning.

I've been wearing a path in the carpet this morning as Vince is, as we speak, in theatre at the vets.  He was taken in last night so he could go on a drip to get his fluids up to protect his kidneys etc while he was under anaesthetic today.  Poor wee scrap, he was so resigned when I popped him in his carrier last night.

To try and keep myself occupied (I took the day off work so I could be up there as soon as possible) I've had a go at some crafting, but none of it has been particularly successful.  Here is a little card for two challenges:



There's not an awful lot to say about this one!
Stamp is LOTV Sledging Buddies
Sentiment from Kaisercraft
Paper is Nitwits
Silver rope border and gem from stash
Oh, and a little dab of Distress Inks (ReInkers)

OK, back to pacing the floor

Hugs, Squirrel xx


Just had the call from the vet - Vince is out of theatre and all went well.  He's had the drip taken away and is now snoring while he sleeps off the anaesthetic, minus FIVE back teeth.  Poor wee lamb.  Now I just have to wait patiently for the call to collect him later.  Thanks everyone, for all your kindness throughout this stressful month.




28 comments:

Kathyk said...

Cute card.

Fingers crossed that the operation will have gone well today

Kathyk

Jane said...

Hiya hun, with a sick pooch here at home I understand what you are going through - sending hugs xxx
Cute Polar bears by the way :)
Hugs
Jane

Judith said...

Love this cute card - lovely CAS design. I have to say you've had me glued to the story of Vince - it's so hard to be a pet lover sometimes. I'm away on holiday just now -we go home today : \ and my old cat (18years) had had a stroke while we've been away - he's at home with my kids and seems to have recovered fairly well but I'm dreading going home because I feel like this might be the beginning of the end : ( hugs Judith x

Tanya said...

Poor Vince, and poor Mamma Squirrel! Glad everything went well and that he's alright, furbabies are a worrisome lot!

Tags xx

Sarah said...

Fab card Squirrel and I'm glad Vince is Ok. Our oldest collie, Mog, had lots of teeth out a couple of years ago so I sympathise. He is 17 and still hanging on, bless him, but we know that every day is precious xx

Claire said...

This is so cute and I love the CAS design. Hugs, Claire x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Glad things went well for Vince, hopefully he will be home with you soon.

Deborah

downrightcrafty said...

Uber cute hun such a sweet image so adorable
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested :)

Unknown said...

Aw good to hear hes ok xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, I ♥ it, hugs Pops x x x

Lorraine said...

Glad to hear Vince has come through the op ok. Hope you get him home soon.
Gorgeous card, and such a cute polar bear.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Awwwww Squirrel, I am so pleased that Vince is recovering well, you must be so relieved and I bet you can't wait to cuddle him.
Your card is gorgeous, I love that cute image and wonderful colouring.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Glad everything went well hun, hopefully you've got him home safe and had a cuddle by now xx

Love your card, it's very cute! I convinced myself I didn't need this stamp, but I'll probably end up buying it eventually :o) Hugs, Lisa x

trish said...

Hi, I often have a peek at your blog and love the cards you make but haven't left a comment for you so far. Tonight I had to leave one after reading how Vince was getting on and I'm so glad all went well today. We had a lovely cat (pusscat) for twenty years who had marvellous health. Hopefully Vince will manage some minced turkey for lunch and keep you company for many years to come...Trish

Lynsey said...

Hi Squirrel, so pleased to hear little Vince is ok after his op. Love your sweet card!
hugs Lynsey x

Caroline said...

gorgeous x

Jennifer said...

Love your CAS card, Squirrel, and am so glad to hear our boy is doing well.

Lots of hugs and cuddles to you both.
Jennifer. x

Unknown said...

Check out those cute furry friends! Very sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

kay said...

So pleased Vince came through the operation ok x

Jackie said...

Hi Squirrel, I am sooooooooooo pleased that Vince's operation went well...hugs
What a gorgeous CAS card, I love that cute image :o)
Jackie xx

cebelica said...

That's wonderful, that the operation went well. Yay for Vince! :D
Your card is very beautiful. The border stickers look great. I should put mine to some use too. lol
Hugs! xx

Kylie said...

So glad to hear that your fur baby is ok!!
Your card is just gorgeous. I love the stamps!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Helen in the UK said...

So glad to hear that Vince came through the operation ok. Your nerves must be frazzled, but it will all be forgotten once he is snuggled on your lap again :)

Annette said...

So glad he's home now hun. :0)
And personally I think this is one of my favourite cards (so far). I love the image, and the lovely subtle colouring.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image and colours.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

I am so pleased Vince is alright sweetie. We do get worried over them don't we. I remeber one of ours had to have all his out bless him. He still managed to eat though and gave everyone a nasty suck. Lol!!!

Your card is awesome, especially as you made it while your mind was under stress.

Have a good weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

coops said...

so beautiful squirrel.i love the fun polar bear and fab white on white design :D
so pleased vince`s op went well hun.

xx coops xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous project!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...