WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Less Is More Sketch

Although I've never done very well with the challenges, I still like to play along with LESS IS MORE and this week is no different with their deceptively simple sketch.

Here is the card I made:

I did this in 6x4 format rather than the usual 6x6 as I think the proportions work better, but I expect I'll get slapped wrists for it.  

I used a strip of NitWits paper from the Bear Girls Too collection, cut with a scalloped Nesties rectangle and embossed the edges, I overstamped it with a Hero Arts butterfly border in Memento Toffee Crunch ink, and distress inked the scallops with the same colour, the punched butterfly is Martha Stewart from a scrap of Bazzil brown cardstock, I added heart shaped crystal gems for the body, and finally the sentiment is LOTV stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.

I really wasn't sure about this sketch to start with, but I am thrilled with the end result!

Hugs, Sxx

22 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

squirrel this is cute and no slapped wrists!! love the butterflies

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

LilyPuss Cards said...

Beautiful butterflies...I think the 6x4 cards work better for CAS cards..
Have a great day
hugs
Jan..x

Nonni said...

Really beautiful, so calm and peaceful feel in this card.

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is just stunning, huggles Pops x x x

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning. I love the warm colours

Hugs Sue

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Squirrel. I really love this.
Hugs
Caz x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, I love brown tones and the paper is gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is great, love the colour palette you have chosen. Well worth a slapped wrist or two.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jane said...

Ooh such lovely flutterbies!!
Hugs
Jane

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous CAS card Squirrel. Love the butterflies.
Lorraine x

Sonia said...

Wonderful card my dearest friend^_^
Beautiful Butterflies^_^I love them^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Victoria said...

Beautiful butterflies. The paper works well with black and white. The whole card has a classy feel.

Mary J said...

A brilliant CAS card, Squirrel! Love teh row of gems!

coops said...

simply gorgeous hun.i love the butterflies :D

xx coops xx

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

lovely card again! :)
(to answer to your question on my blog, my hubby was sitting up the tree ;) )
hugs,
micky

downrightcrafty said...

how beautiful love the colour and design just wonderful
Hugs Kate xx

Chrissie said...

This is terrific Squirrel!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Squirrel said...

Gorgeous as ever, my fluffy friend. I love the delicate inking over the embossed edge, really classy.

How have you been? It's been hard not to get the wind under your tail this week, hasn't it?

blown-half-inside-out Squirrel XX

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Squirrel, this is a fabulous CAS card. Love the butterfly theme and the neutral colours.
Hugs, Sylvia x

A Consuming Passion said...

FABULOUS!

Zippy said...

This is fab and very elegent! Xxx

scrappymo! said...

This looks fab...I find these less is more so hard to do but you have aced it!

I am just catching up as I was having some health issues and didn't get round to commenting for a while...sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...