WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 2 June 2011

Simon Says Stamp + Lili Of The Valley

Evening all, bet you didn't expect to see me tonight!  To take my mind off another cruddy day at work, I've been thinking about some challenges today that I wanted to take part in - so when I got the offer of a lift home rather than having to slum it on the bus, I grabbed the chance with both hands and was home in half an hour instead of the usual hour!  Which has given me time to play, yay!

So, for this week's SIMON SAYS STAMP (Father's Day/Male Card) challenge and this week's LILI OF THE VALLEY (Punch It Up) challenge and the CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS (Cute Bear/Animal) challenge, here is my card:


So, what have I used?  Here's a list for you:
Image:  Lili Of the Valley No 7 Bear
Papers:  Dovecraft Masculine Collection - I cut a few of the stars out to use as embellies too
Die Cut:  Nestabilities Stars
Medium:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other:  Peel-off borders (black and gold) from stash and ProMarkers for matting star

I used an old cosmetics brush and the DI Antique Linen ink pad to distress the background behind Bear, I quite like the aged, mottled look.

Not sure now if the papers are just that bit too busy but I'm still quite pleased with it!

Hugs, Sxx



20 comments:

Leann said...

Oooooh, so sweet!
Leann x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel love the image and paper's are fabulous,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Chrissy said...

I would be ecstatic to put this together, its gorgeous squirrel. I love the mottled look, gives the image depth, really wonderful papers, and the image is fabulous.
I love this card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Julie said...

WOW!!! Squirrel you sure have made a stunner today!!

Tracy said...

Hi Squirrel,
This is fantastic, I love the image and your design is fab.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow fabulous card Squirrel, fab colouring, love the layout.
Kevin xx

Rufus said...

LOVE it! If this is what you can do when you get an "extra" 1/2 hour, well...I'm floored! Do love all your lili of the valley stamps!
R/

Linda said...

This is just beautiful.. Love it..Did you see i had to start a new blog and would love for you to come and follow it.. Hugs, Linda
http://lindabscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, love the sentiment. Does it mean I need to buy more lottery tickets? :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh the little bear looks so cute in the star, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

coops said...

fantastic card squirrel.i love the bold colours and papers and the image is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, so cute! Love the image and fab mottled background :o) Lisa x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel :-) such a cute image and the colours and papers are fab :-)

thanks for your comment ,, errr ,, I have no idea !! haven't counted !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Vicky said...

This is fantastic hun & def not too busy I love it & I sooooo love these images I coloured this one up last week.....just need the card go with it now lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

maddy hill said...

Gorgeous Squirel and so perfectly coloured ,
thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week.
hugs
maddy x

Pauline C said...

This is totally fabulous Squirrel in every way - love the layout, papers, colouring, and the sentiment is brilliant. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together??
pauline x

Mary J said...

So very very sweet, Squirrel!

Lee said...

Gorgeous.x

Christine said...

Gorgeous lovely card!! Your coloring is amazing!! Great masculine card!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Andrea said...

fantastic layout and papers to this little cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...