WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 4 June 2011

Less Is More # 18 - Monochrome

Just a short one before I set too and get dinner started ..... but a couple of quick links for you first:

Today's earlier Penny Black card can be found here

And my Summertime Surprise Candy (closes 14 June) can be found here

So, on to this week's LESS IS MORE challenge and it's a colour theme, sort of - Monochrome!  I've made two cards - one is definitely more less than the other one!   Here's the first:

Using two Tim Holtz stamps, masking technique, and a Woodware tiny greetings stamp, all stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa - the photo doesn't show the lovely chocolately brown very well.

And the second:
There is a school of thought that character stamps don't work well for either LIM or Monochrome but I think this fabbie little Laurence Designs bunny really does prove that theory wrong (or am I totally deluded?).  Stamped in Danube Blue Memento ink and painted in Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  Central border stamp is an old unmarked one, no idea where I even got it from but it may have been Lakeland when they did craft stuff.  Sentiment and little flower are Hero Arts, again in Danube Blue.  The matting card is Coordinations and IRL it tones in much better than the photo shows.  Corner punch for final detail.

That's it for me for today (promise) so I'm off to chop some onions.  Anyone got any goggles I can borrow?

Hugs, Sxx

35 comments:

Loli said...

Hello squirrel, thank you for visiting my blog last week, i'm so happy to see you.
FANTASTIC CARDS!!!the first is perfect for a man and i love the cocoa ink, and your rabbit is so sweet, good work squirrel.
A hug from palma de mallorca

Suzilou said...

Both great cards, love the first one in that gorgeous chocolate brown and how cute is that bunny, I think he looks fab in blue hehe :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Love them both, I do like the blue one as its so cute. Love Hazelxo

Regena said...

Love the blue and white card...it's so sweet

Chrissie said...

Well done on making 2 cards Squirrel, I must admit that the first one is more my style... it would be great for a chap!
Thanks for being such a star.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Delphine said...

Two fantastic cards, Squirrel! I love monochrome:-)! All the stamps you used work very well in the first card, and your bunny is totally adorable and works perfectly well for LIM AND monochrome! The shades of blue are gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs Delphine xx

Mandi said...

Great cards Squirrel
The first map one is striking, for a male card.
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Sarn said...

BOTH fab. It's nice to get an idea for a man's card, but I like the cute character too. I think you've done a great job with the rabbit's colouring.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

martina's kaartjes said...

fab cards ! prefere the first one, very pretty !
greetings, martina
x

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, i like the blues on the bunny and the spotty border behind him, he's so jolly!

Anonymous said...

That Blue Bunny is so cute but still suitable for adults - its great

Jan said...

Great cards xx Jan

Ang C said...

Two great cards!

Chrissy said...

Love the map, great male card,and the little blue bunny is soo cute.
You are not deluded, the colour is spot on and it works.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

The way you've colored your blue bunny is a great use of the monochromatic theme. Nicely done.

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards.
Lynne xxx

Kat said...

Both great cards Squirrel. The first one is an ideal male card and the second one is just so cute.

Kat xx

Rita said...

Fabulous cards. Hugs Rita xx

Kaz said...

Certainly not deluded....the bunny lookd FAB in blue and LIM! Love them both.
Hugs
Kaz xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow two brill cards!!

Jess S said...

two wonderful cards, my favourite is the first one though...

Jackie said...

I love them both but the first is brilliant :o)
Jackie xx

Carole Campanile said...

Love the cards Squirrel. The bunny is wonderful, I really love how you colored him blue. That was a good idea.
TFS
Carole

Jennifer said...

Lovely cards xx Jenny xx

CraftyTeacher said...

Love the cards - yet more inspiration!

Beryl K said...

Lovely cards
Beryl x

Diane said...

Both are beautiufl cards.....love that first one...makes me want to purchase the set!!

Zoechaos said...

Great pair of cards. The first one is terrific fabulous card. Not quite so excited by the second but what a change of styles! XOXO Zoe

Maureen said...

The bunny is perfect (I'm a total bunny nut) great for this card!!

Susan said...

Squirrel, you have two great cards here. I think I'm more partial to the first card...and I do love the bunny, but I think he's so cute that you could have just stamped him directly on the card and added the sentiment at his feet!

My card is HERE

Janice said...

Love them Squiz - especially blue bunny. Jx

suzARTe said...

such cute cards. I love the blue bunny rabbit

Suze Bain said...

Two great cards and so different. The map is definitely my fave. xx

Lynn said...

Both beautiful cards - I really like the cocoa colour stamping, a great masculine card. For me though, it has to be the cute bunny. Lynn x

Romaine said...

Love the " man" card and the whimsical bunny really does work well with CAS. The colour is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...