WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 12 September 2010

Just Magnolia - Dawny's Sketch

To find today's earlier post for Penny Black/Sketch Saturday click here

I wasn't going to post again this afternoon but ...... I was playing with the ol' Distress Inks (just how long does it take to get the hang of these?) and I ended up with an image that I knew would go quite well with some papers I had.  So, I put them together and thought "yeah, that sort of works" and thus my card was born!

I had spotted Dawny's sketch on JUST MAGNOLIA yesterday and had earmarked it for a play so, bravely, I shall enter my accidental card to this week's challenge!
As my palette of inks is still limited, I only had Tea Dye to do Tilda's hair with, and that was far too ginger, so had to darken it up with a black watercolour pencil.

I love the delicate look of using the inks, must just remember that they dry much lighter!  Anyhoo, Chinese Tilda from Magnolia, Distress Inks, Wild Rose Studio oriental paperpack, Colorbox Q chalk inks for edging.  Here's a Tilda close-up

Quite pleased with the soft blush effect on her cheeks, but I am soooooooo going to have to expand my range of colours!

Hugs, Squirrel xx


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Squirrel Your cards are so fab :) with love from a stranger ;)

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel. That Tilda is so pretty and I love how you've coloured her. Love that DP too.

And I love the cards you posted earlier with the PB images. I love PB lol!

Kat xx

Diane said...

How cute! Perfect papers and colored so lovely and softly! Love it!

coops said...

beautiful card squirrel.the image is gorgeous and i love your colouring with the distress inks.
fab papers and layout too :D

xx coops xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Caroljenks said...

I wish my 'accidental' cards looked like this - mine usually look like the accident happened right ontop of them!

I'm with you on the 'getting used to ink colouring'! We need to have a weekend of 'Ink Painting Practise' I think!!!

...My spare room's available!

Carol x

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous cards you have in your blog!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...