WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 16 July 2020

Summer or Autumn (DT) As You Like It

Here we are again, another alternate Thursday which brings a challenge from AS YOU LIKE IT.

This time our theme is Summer or Autumn (your choice, but please explain)

I'm not a huge fan of summer (surprising really as I was born slap bang in the middle of it, today in fact) as I struggle with the intense heat.  I much prefer the more mellow days of autumn, the warmth is kinder, the light is softer, and I love the rich tones of the foliage changing from green to gold.  I don't even mind the evenings getting shorter, it's nice to be able to close the curtains on the world and be safe and snug indoors.


I have used Playful Henry from CC Designs.  The stamp is no longer available but you can get him as a digi.
I stamped Henry and his leaves onto kraft card and coloured the leaves with Polychromos pencils.  I stamped Henry again onto watercolour paper, colouring him with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Zig Clean Colour Pens, fussy cut him, and laid him over the previously stamped outline.
For the leaves, I got messily inky with some Distress Inks and then die-cut with some Lawn Fawn stitched dies.
The sentiment stamps are a Whimsy set.
Finally, some matting and layering with autumn tones of plain papers.

Our sponsor for this challenge is

I do hope you will find time to come and join us.

Hugs





4 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.x

Elaine Stark said...

One of my favourite things to do in the autumn, running through the crisp leaves with my grandson. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY on this cool Autumn day :)
OH! Yes! I can see boys and girls playing like this with the crunch and smell of the leaves - fabulous card Squirrel.
Take care
Faith x

Annette said...

A little cutie and I can relate to the allure of Autumnal leaf kicking!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...