WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 25 August 2016

AYLI (DT) Favourite - Shaped or Standard

Morning all, time for a new challenge over at AS YOU LIKE IT - and our theme this time is to choose your favourite card base - shaped or standard.

My most used card base is a square, doesn't matter what size - I just find the space so adaptable and I love the symmetry of it.  I think there must be a teeny weeny (and I mean microscopic) bit of neat-freak in me that makes the square so appealing!


OK, so I went a bit MFT loopy piggy mad with this one, but it was for my best mate, Pig.
MFT Hog Heaven painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)

and MFT sentiment from Big Birthday Sentiments
Nitwits papers
MFT double stitched rectangle die
Cheeky peeking piglet was fussy cut by me!
and a few Post-It Notes for masking the stamps


and our sponsor is

$10.00


Don't forget that you must explain your choice of shaped or standard!

Hogs to all
Squirrel xx

17 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh my I really need to get this set now. It is too darned cute! I love the little scene and the patterned paper. I'd say I gravitated towards rectangular cards and I'm a bit addicted to the US A2 simply because a lot of the shaped dies I have fit those better. Xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super, fun card, love those piggies. I agree about the square symmetry, it just feels right.
Lorraine

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and so cute love the image
Dianne xx :)

Lorraine said...

Those little pigs are so sweet, beautifully coloured and a fab layout
Lorraine x

Christine L said...

Awwww loving this little piggies... and your fabulous card! That plaid paper is gorgeous (think I bought that recently!), and you've created a fabulous scene! Square is also my 'go to' card shape!

Hugs
Christine x

Daisychain said...

Just loving everthing about this card especially the 'peeping' piggy. Like you, my favourite is square cards, probably because everything has to be symmetrical with me.

Hugs Christine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so darn cute Squirrel, I am with you I like the square shape to work with.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sarah said...

Love this card Squirrel xx

Juls said...

Adorable card!! Xx

Chrissy said...

I'm a total square too Squirrel..although I do like sticky out bits..and I adore your little piggies..especially the cheeky one standing on the box...fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Allicat said...

I've seen these stamps before and thought "oh boring" but boy was I wrong. I love your piggies and especially cheeky peeky pig. Beautiful card, beautifully explained.
Love Alli Xx

Whisper said...

Oooo superb hun and i'm loving the little piggy nosing in, it made me LOL, Luv Sam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Squeal!! I LOVE this card, such a fabulous scene with the little piggy looking in. LOL.

Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I saw this card in the As You Like it email and thought it was so adorable! I had no idea it was yours until now! It's a squeal! For real! Too, too cute!!!! Extra icing! Yippee!

Lisa xx said...

aaaww, this is fab...seriously cute piggies!

Annette said...

I'm a square too hun, so you're in good company (or not depending how you look at it!) Love those piggies too. They have mischief written all over them!

Lori Turner said...

Oh my..this is so stinkin' cute lol...hahahah get it? No, seriously - sorry - this is adorable! xxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...