WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday, 17 September 2013

I Hope You're Wearing A Vest

Now be honest, how many times as a teenager did you hear that from your parents?  You know the situation, all dressed up to the nines for a night out with your mates, or the boy of the moment, and you felt like a million dollars.  Until you got to the door that is, when those immortal words were shouted "I hope you're wearing a vest, you'll catch your death going out like that".  Talk about bursting the bubble!!
 
Now I think this little fairy could do with similar advice.  Let's face it, if you have ice on your wings then a vest is probably a good idea.


This stamp is Penny Black (Mo Manning) Winter Fairy
Painted of course with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
I have iced her wings, snowball and the ground with Glamour Dust
The sentiment was a freebie with Issue 4 of Get Stamping
So were the snowflakes
Matting layer is from First Edition Silent Night paper pad
 
Have a super Tuesday everyone, and don't forget to tuck your vest in!
 
Hugs, Squirrel xx


21 comments:

Carol Willis said...

I think a pair of socks would be good too! Love this Squirrel, gorgeous image.
Hugs
Caz x

tilly said...

love this cute little fairy from Mo, who can resist lol
Tilly

Lorraine said...

Aww, she's adorable and I love the pretty colours and colouring.
I love my vest!!....hate cold!
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Stunning card Squirrel, I love that image and your colouring is wonderful
I have been wearing my vest for the last week now!
hugs Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, I like the image and the colours.
kevin xx

Del said...

Gorgeous card, I love this image. I'm showing my age now but when I was younger it wasn't a vest...it was a liberty bodice....and my grandma always checked when I visited to make sure I was wearing one lol.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Squirrel, fabulous colouring and sparkle,just gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

Simply Stunning sweetie, hugs Pops x

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,gorgeous image and layout.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie but she is making me feel colder than I already do. A vest might be a good idea.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is the bare toes that have me shivering! A vest and some shoes!!!!

kay said...

Bit too cold for me but loving your gorgeous card x

Claire said...

LOL there were loads of quotes I could tell you .... love your card, adorable image and soft colour tones. Hugs, Claire x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Brrr her toes must be freezing too, hate cold feet. Gorgeous card, love the colours

Annette said...

Hahaha, love that "if you have ice on your wings, then a vest is probably a good idea". LOVE IT.
Cute card and a darling image.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Whisper said...

Aaah absolutely devine, Luv Sam x

Dot said...

You always make me smile, Squirrel, and I love your cards,
hugs Dorte

Jackie said...

Had to chuckle about the vest, but when I was young is was liberty bodices LOL. What a gorgeous card.
Thank you so much for your beautiful card, it certainly did bring a ray of sunshine to me, and Stephen was more himself yesterday, I even manage to raise a few smiles from him :o)
Jackie xx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card. I definitely think she could do with a vest

coops said...

so stunning squirrel.i love this beautiful image and gorgeous pretty colours :D

xx coops xx

Faith A said...

Fabulous card as usual. Beautiful imamge.

As for the vest - well! certainly brought some memories back, I couldn't take mine off until the end of May, Don't cast a clout 'til May is out and all that. I think ours will be on this week at least LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...