Thanks to everyone who offered assistance or recommended sites for making a pencil pot last week. After a couple of failed attempts to make one from card and struggling with stability and rigidity I had a brainwave and ended up with a piece of altered art. Here it is
This pot, what my glucosamine tablets came in, was sitting there right under my nose and I didn't even realise it. I soaked the label off and then found this fabulous striped paper from my stash. Dinner Tilda was begging to be used so she is coloured with ProMarkers and I used the out-of-the-box technique with an oval Nestie and then mounted that on a slightly larger one cut from a sheet of Basic Grey. Before sticking the whole lot to the pot I covered it in good old fashioned sticky backed plastic to protect it all.