WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 29 May 2010

Who's Been Eating My Porridge? (2 challenges)

Somewhere, back in the mists of time, my darlin' Oldies and me (their one and only) became known as Daddy Bear, Mummy Bear and Baby Bear - very silly, but it kinda stuck.  Now, without really thinking about it, I seem to have created birthday cards for the Oldie Bears!

Two challenges with these cards - the first is
CUTE CARD THURSDAY who set the challenge of no designer papers .... eek!


My dad is reknowned for hiding in his shed so this Lili Of The Valley Busy Bear fits him perfectly.  Coloured with Copics. I've used a little piece of DCWV Neutral Stack card for matting, added some tool brads to the corners.  The background I swiped the white card with a tan Memento ink and then overstamped it with a wooden plank stamp from High Hopes.  The wood birthday sentiment is also High Hopes.  Finished off with copper coloured border peel-offs.

Then I had to do one for mum as well didn't I so when I saw Bev had done a sketch for LILI OF THE VALLEY I was away
I had to cheat a bit (sorry Bev) and not use an oval as it didn't fit the image.  This adorable Lili Of The Valley stamp suits mum so well as she is the flower queen of the village.  Again, coloured with Copics.  Papers are K&Co and this was my first go with 3D flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I think I'm hooked now.  Sentiment is Craftwork Cards.

Thanks so much for taking time to pop in and see me.  Just before I go, a quick update on the wrist situation (thanks so much for all the good wishes and kind words you have sent).  I got the results of some tests this week and my GP is now ruling out tendonitis (it wasn't him that gave the original diagnosis).  He is now thinking along the lines of a deep seated infection following on from a virus which has inflammed all the joints (about the only things that don't hurt at the moment are my feet).  So, he's put me on another course of hefty anti-inflammatories and I'm to go back in two weeks if I don't notice any improvement.  This could well explain why I've been feeling so totally wiped out the whole time and haven't had any energy for months.  It's a struggle getting through a week at work but I'm taking one day at a time just now.  Thanks again for all your thoughts.

Being treated to a late lunch/early tea over at the pub today and we're meeting a friend over there as she's on her own this weekend - guess the diet's out the window!!

Catch ya's later
Hugs, Squirrel xx

22 comments:

kay said...

both gorgeous cards and hope the medication helps,x

Delphine said...

They are both gorgeous, Squirrel! These images are so cute and you have coloured them beautifully! I love your stamped background on the first card and the tool brads, and I really like the fab layout and flowers on the second card! Have a great weekend and I hope the anti-inflammatories will help you feel better. Hugs Delphine xx

Tracy said...

These are two fabulous creations, love the papers on both and great choice for the images they are really cute. Congratulations on your win at Bev's blog.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coops said...

2 fantastic cards squirrel, love your images, so cute and fab layouts and colours.hope the new medication will make you well again hun and have a fab lunch.luv coops.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
Both cards are gorgeous,
hugs Dianne xx

Lizzy said...

HI Squirrel! 2 gorgeous cards hun, luv the cute images ... beautifully coloured. Great embellies on card 1 & fab dp's & flowers on card 2 xx Lizzy xx :)

Debs said...

2 fabby cards chick...hope the new tablets work....and enjoy ..your day..Debs x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Squirrel. Hope you feel better soon x

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Squirrel, loving both these cards especially the one for your dad, he sounds just like mine. Hope you had a lovely lunch at the pub and enjoy the rest of the BH.
Debs xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww such adorable cards, love them both! Hope the new medication helps, and that you've had a nice time with your friend :o) Lisa x

Mandy said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous hunny, the images are so sweet and your colouring is fab.
Try and get plenty of rest hun and I hope the anti-inflammatories work
hugs Mandy xx

Little K Smith said...

Lovely cards, adorable images. Love the colours and papers too.
Kelly.x

Jackie said...

Two fab cards Squirrel :o)
Jackie xx

Sarah said...

Two fabulous cards Squirrel, the pastel colours are gorgeous! Congrats too on your win over at Bev's blog.
I hope the new medication starts to work quickly, it's no fun when you're in pain.
xx :0)

Whisper said...

What a pair of cuties, luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

Oh hunny these are beautiful you have really done an Ace job! I love the background on the first one with the no DP! excellent!
Hope your feeling a bit better too! Samantha :0)

Rufus said...

Great cards for the Oldie Bears! I'll be thinking of you and hoping that the med works! No fun when everything hurts and you've got no umph besides that! Be nice to yourself!
Hugs,
R/

Pauline C said...

Oh Squirrel these are beautiful ... the wood background and sentiment are inspired with the shed, and the two cards work so well together. Perfect!! Hope the anti-inflammatories work soon dear.
Pauline x
PS what colour copic did you use for your bear fur please?? As you know I'm collecting Promarkers now, but am thinking of maybe getting a few Copics for bear and mouse fur and your colours are doing it for me as they aren't too bright or harsh :-)

Pop's Cards said...

I love the image that you have chosen, a great job with Bev's sketch, thanks for joining us at Lilli of the Valley this time, big hugs Pops x

Leann said...

These are both gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us over at CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Daisychain said...

Two great cards, love the images you have used and fantastic 'wood' paper and brads. A great take on our sketch this week as well. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

Nicola said...

These are beautiful cards with adorable images, love the tool embellies on the 1st. Fabulous take on our sketch on the 2nd, your papers and floral detail are so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...