WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 15 February 2018

AYLI (DT) Favourite Way To Add A Sentiment

Hello peeps, is it warm enough for you?  Over here in the east the wind has been so bitter that I have had to resort to my Savage Squirrel pink bobble hat, which has caused one or two raised eyebrows at work!

Right then, it's Thursday so that means the start of new challenge with the AS YOU LIKE IT team.   This fortnight the theme is Your Favourite Way To Add A Sentiment (and why).

My most often way to add a sentiment is to stamp it direct to the image panel.  Unlike some of my teamies, this has never scared me and with the aid of an acrylic block I can usually get it straight!  I have an enormous library of sentiment stamps now, but there is always room for more.  I do love a sentiment with a good pun in it too.
As a bonus, I have added a stacked word die to this card, simply because it worked so well with the stamped words


For this little one I have used:

(sentiment came with the fawns)
Friend word die from Whimsy, cut three times from 300gsm card, and once from the Dovecraft paper so it's a nice deep stack and really stands off the card
Image is painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)

Our sponsor for this theme is 


Hope you will find a way to have fun with your words and share them with us

Hugs to all
Squirrel x

4 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel
Dianne xx :)

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely brilliant Squirrel. LOVE the sentiment and the paper, your little fawn is fabulous.
Faith
x

Annette said...

You're more brave than me hun! I needed the platform before I was brave enough, but your cards have always motivated me to try harder with my sentiments. You always seem to have the perfect one to match the image. Lovely card, and a lovely sentiment too. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...