WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 10 August 2017

AYLI (DT) Embellishments

Yoo-hoo folks, happy Thursday to you!  Alternate Thursdays mean a new challenge from AS YOU LIKE IT and this time around we would like you to share with us your Favourite Embellishment(s) and tell us why they are your favourites.

You may have guessed that I didn't choose the theme!  Embellishments, phooey!  I'm a clean and simple kinda girl, some days more simple than others (ha), so I tend to restrict embellishments, a lot.  Rather than being able to add lots of stuff skillfully, my makes tend to look a little, shall we say, rugged.  So I keep it simple.  I love die-cut embellishments but try to use them to echo the theme, like this one with the stars


So, for my simple card I have used:
CC Designs - Dancing
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Polychromos Pencils
Joanna Sheen Starry Night Border Die
Sentiment from who-knows-where but it was one of those "that'll be useful" purchases years ago
MFT 6x6 Tribal Prints
DoCrafts wood pattern paper

Our sponsor for this challenge is CRAFTS U LOVE










Looking forward to seeing how much you can attach to a card all your beautiful and creative uses of embellishments!

Love and hugs
Squirrel xx

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delightful card, I love her hair.
Faith
x

Brawny x said...

A fabulous card. Great design x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Squirrel.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Annette said...

Your cards are NOT rugged. They're beautifully painted and perfectly focused on the image. Die cuts are a perfectly reasonable embellishment and this one really suits the image. She's lovely and I must dig out my Starry Night border die again. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...