WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 18 November 2016

Christmas for Vegetarians

Afternoon all, how are you today?  Toad and I have taken a couple of days off work (my last until Christmas itself) and yesterday we went and made a start on the Christmas shopping.  We did quite well, and I managed to get everything that I had on my list to get that day, so we came home feeling quite chuffed.

However, a day on the feet, pounding the pavements, has played havoc with my arthritic knees so we are having a quiet day at home today.

Having said that, Rosie had her six month check-up at the V.E.T. this morning.  I devised a plan for getting her into the carrier that involved a trail of Dreamies but seriously, that cat is not daft.  She munched the first few and then sat and looked at the box, so we had to resort to the grab and shove method!

So, Christmas for vegetarians huh, yes, well, I have a couple of vegetarian mates for whom the roast turkey dinner is certainly off the menu, which could be why this chap is looking so pleased with himself.


I'd been rummaging through some older stamps and found this one
Tom Turkey from High Hopes
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers (some of which are glittered) are all from the
Dear Santa by Helz Cuppleditch (Trimcraft) collection
MFT Die-Namics stitched scalloped rectangle frame
MFT Die-Namics Merry Christmas word die
(the Christmas part is inside)

Whatever you are up to today, I hope it's a good start to your weekend

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx
😻

10 comments:

~@ngie~ said...

fantastic card.... I LOVE the image & the papers :) xXx

Anonymous said...

Haha great fun card and beautifully colour as always, great make hunny,
Hugs me x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this would be perfect for my Neice and hubby fab image and always coloured perfectly. Just had 20 mins of blue sky and back to rain and sleet so was a short trot round with the dog. Have a good day

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous fun filled card Squirrel. Glad you managed to get all your shopping, sorry to hear it has played your knee up. I hope it eases soon. You made me smile with your story of Rosie, I miss my cat dreadfully.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

I think Tom the Turkey is fabulous Squirrel and love your colouring on him and those fabulous background papers..saving my shopping night for the 1st [christmas club night]..have my list and the determination that is will be drama free..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your thought process here, a FABULOUS card.
Faith
x

Sarah said...

This made me smile...great card!! xx

Annette said...

Hahahaha. He's a fun image and perfect for your veggie pals! I like the scheme for Rosie, but my girl is no dumb blond hun, she's got a brain on her tum, I mean head. LOL
Hugs
xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

No one likes the V-E-T. well, actually Cindy likes him but she does not like the ladies who weigh her and check her temp, oh no. And she doesn't like that she has to ride in a box on the way there. She'd rather be on a lap where she can see the sights.

As for your Tufurky he's too cute to eat! I'm sure even the vegetarians will shy away.

crafty-stamper said...

Dumb animals eh? one of our cats was laid out on the settee watched me break the end off a flea treatment and vanished like a flash???
Love the turkey image he does look very pleased with himself and great bauble B.paper
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...