WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 14 November 2015

Not Just For Christmas

Morning all (just), hope you are all ok.  I'm running a little late today as I have been for a tail trim and colour, and then I made the mistake of sitting down with Rosie.  It was a bit of an effort to pull myself away if I'm honest.  She makes a great chair warmer.

Back in the summer, Lili of The Valley released their Odd Dog collection.  The stamps are all super adorable and can be used for so many occasions.  I had been looking at one in particular for an idea I'd had and thought "why not".  Here he is for my first November Design Collective make.


This stamp is Odd Dog Handwritten
If he fills that book with Christmas wishes then he must have been a very good pup indeed!
Painted with Distress Inks ReInkers)
Papers are Dovecraft Back To Basics
Dies are Die-Versions Corner Concepts
Sentiment from Trimcraft

With apologies to you and to Lili for this not being a particularly imaginative or ambitious make.  Ever since early September, just before the shingles outbreak, I have felt out of sorts and run down.  I'm really lacking in energy just now.  Hopefully a break from work this week will help sort that out and I might get some of my bounce back.


Hug to all
Squirrel xx

13 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous its a great card and idea so lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Annette said...

He looks adorable, and I love him for a Xmas card. The sentiment is great. So clever, I'd not have thought to use him for a festive make. (and you know that I love the corner star die too!)
xx

Sarah said...

This is such a great idea Squirrel, knowing what Suzy likes, I am guessing Gravy Bones and chew sticks feature on that list!! Hope your week off will perk you up. Take care xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel, love the cute image.
Hope you get your bounce back soon, have a lovely week off
Lorraine x

Ruth said...

This is so cute - and a really nice non traditional card. He's so sweet. I do hope you're back on your feet soon. Takes time to get over something as horrid as shingles. Make sure you have lots of tea, rest and snuggles from your chair warmer. Xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

So adorable Squirrel, I like everything about it
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

Stop selling yourself short missus! It's a wonderful card, beautifully coloured!
I hope your week off manages to get you back to normal :o)
Jackie xx

Jackie said...

Stop selling yourself short missus, it's a gorgeous card.
I hope your week off brings you back to your normal self :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous....... gorgeous.... gorgeous! NUFF said???

Big hugs
Christine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Being not particularly ambitious? Well wish I could be that unambitious to create a fabby card like this, Love it.

Alison59 said...

Super card and I love the backing :-)

Sue said...

Squirrel, this is a wonderful card. Your painting is beautiful and I love your clever sentiment - such a great idea for this image - you are clever...xxx (and ain't that the truth)!
Sue...xxx

Kat W said...

Enjoy your break from work and some time to recharge but I have to say that I don't think your mojo needs any recharging...this design is fabulous! Your take on this stamp for a Christmas card and the cute little 'MERRY' sentiments around the corner are absolutely brilliant and very imaginitive :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...