WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 24 July 2014

Bit of a theme going ......

Morning all, ok?  Super toasty again then.  Phfft, my squirrelly tail was frizzy, then it wilted, and now it's just dangling.

You might notice a wee bit of a theme going on here for a few days, as I had a run of cards to make all for the same reason.  I was spoilt terribly for my birthday last week, not just family and close friends, but some of my bestest blogging buddies too, so I have been on a "thank you" card spree.  You had the little Fairy Tea one on Tuesday, so here is the next:


So this little cutie is Birthday Princess from Sugar Nellie
Coloured with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Polychromos pencils
Blue paper is from Maja Designs - Coffee In The Arbour
Not sure about where the pink came from, it was to hand and the right colour so it got used
Sentiment is from a Penny Black clear set which I think is called Kind Words

The other day Helen asked me why I was using Polychromos a lot now.  Well, it's a long story that I won't bore you with, but I also started experimenting with them for hair colouration as I was finding it difficult to get the fine definition with the Distress Inks and a paintbrush.  I am now getting to grips with the pencils and am finding them really satisfying for the hair detail and highlights, so sorry if you think I am crossing to the dark side - I'm not, nothing will ever replace my beloved ReInkers, but, just occasionally, even they need some back up.

Hope you have a good day.  Hugs to all
Squirrel xx


16 comments:

Sarah said...

Not much kip in our house last night because of the heat, so much so I seriously considered relocating to the stables but thought better of it because of the bats...eugh!! Anyway, love the pink and blue together on this card Squirrel and such a pretty stamp too xx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Squirrel. I love the sweet image, your colouring is perfect and the sentiment is fabulous too.
hugs Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

what it says on the card!

Chrissy said...

I'm so sorry your tail is just dangling but I'm sure it will pick itself up soon..and what a gorgeous thank you card..love the sweet image and fabulous colouring..really beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a cutie and oh so pretty. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jacki Daniels said...

Gorgeous colouring as always and such a sweet image dito what Faith said
Jacki x

downrightcrafty said...

so sweet and a lovely card
hugs Kate x

Anonymous said...

A sweetie!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and details.xxx

Kat W said...

This is soooooo cute! Pretty pastel shades, great CAS design with a super sweet image and that sentiment? LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

I love my Copics for colouring but I am tempted to try DIs or pencils just to get more variety on my coloured images. Unsurprisingly, Dr. Hubby is not keen...

Big hugs, Kat xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel. The image is adorable and beautifully coloured.
It's no good having a wilting tail!!
Lorraine x

Annette said...

She's coloured perfectly with your DI and Polychromos combo. I love this image too, and those papers (I'm really loving the Maja Designs at the moment!).

I'm thinking of trying out some new pencils, and have been looking at the Inktense which are watercolour rather than the ones I have which need the sansodor oil which I didn't seem to get on well with, so I'm seeing if I can sell them on ebay to subsidise the Inktense ones! I've ordered 3 single pencils to try out first, but have my eye on one of the box sets!!! :0) That will then be a choice of Copic, DI Reinkers or Pencils. Hmmm, can a girl ever have too many colouring mediums??!!! (don't answer that!) ps one more day to go (and counting!) Your text this morning couldn't have come at a nicer time as I was having a shitty morning. Thanks honey. Luv ya. :0)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Squirrell
Fabulous card.... Love the image .... So cute...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Jackie said...

I love your colouring whatever you use, and this card is so cute :o)
Jackie xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Welcome to the dark side, we have colored pencils??!!! hee hee. I hear they have cookies too. This is a very sweet card and I think it is great that you are willing to mix it up and use different coloring mediums all on one image.

coops said...

so stunning suirrel.one of my fav images, so sweet and your colouring is beautiful.i brought myself a few polychromo`s to try :D

xx coops xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...