WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 7 June 2014

Return of the Bear

Morning all.  Thank you for all your good wishes for mum's little op yesterday.  All went very well and she is feeling pretty good today - even managing to swat flies on the kitchen window!

We have woken up, like many of you in the UK today, to downpours and thunderstorms, which could explain the cracking headache I have.  Still, I don't have to cook dinner today as Mr Toad has promised me fish and chips, so I can have a moochy kind of day if I feel like it, although I am lurking by the letter box waiting for a couple of items of happy mail.

Right then, a little while ago, I did mention that you might be getting That Bear back again, and he has been long overdue in making an appearance.


So here he is - LOTV James Peeping
He's done with pencils, and I have left it a bit rough to give a sketchy furry feel, and as a contrast to the darker, smoother, background colour
Paper is a leftover from a piece of LOTV/Raspberry Road paper
And the sentiment is Paper Smooches

It's the F1 Canada Grand Prix this weekend, so I shall settle down later for the qualifying and (apologies to any Mr Hamilton fans out there, there must be one or two) I shall be willing Mr Rosberg to pole position.  Of course I dream of it being Mr Button, but got to keep it real.  His time will come.

Have a super Saturday everyone
Hugs
Squirrel xx


20 comments:

Martina said...

Soo cute card!!!! I have a headache as well...here changed the weather from rain to sun...so just the opposite! Ha...I hope Nico Rosberg will get pole as well ;)
Have a lovely weekend!
Martina

Doreen said...

A beautiful card.xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Hey Squizz! (I like that, I think I'm sticking with it. Ooh, hope hospital went ok?) This is such a super card. I really like the CAS design. Gorgeousness. Or do I need to shout, so you can hear me, way down in the shed... xx

Curly said...

This is stunning S, Love the bear, he's beautifully coloured too,
enjoy your fish and chips ,
have a lovely weekend
Crafty hugs & kind regards
Bridget :) x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such a cute little chappie he has felt neglected poor sole. I don't follow Grand Prix but I wouldn't be routing for Mr Hamilton after what he said about his home town. Lol!!!

Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

Lovely card :) Such a cutie!
over here it's really hot. just been out to try and change my leg colour from blue/white to cream colour, but if course, 10 minutes in the sun and I'm red. Which will turn into blue/white again tomorrow... oh well... Might be watching the race tomorrow, but now I'm just going to try and tackle those bags and the suitcase for the clinic. bugger I can't take my crafty corner with me... hugs to you, going to miss you!
mickymunchkin

Dorte said...

I'm glad James the Bear is back, he is such a cutie.
Enjoy your weekend,
hugs Dorte

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel, i love the James image!!
Kevin xx

Sarah said...

Love it Squirrel and that pencil work is fabulous!! Hope the headache has passed now and I'm glad that the op went well for Mum yesterday xx

Claire said...

Yay James is back - and looking as cute as ever too. Lovely card. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what a sweetie!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Lorraine said...

James is gorgeous. Enjoy the race tomorrow.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Awww it's lovely to see the return of our favourite bear and the way you have coloured him looks wonderful.
I hope your 'happy mail' arrived and I am pleased your Mum's op went well.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Sue xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Hmm, in which case I'm hoping Jenson finds himself with only 3 wheels! Beautiful card - love little James and you've coloured him beautifully. Glad your Mum's ok. Hugs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, love the cas treatment and his fur looks fab

Chrissy said...

Glad to hear your Mum is doing so well Squirrel..Fabulous litte Bear and wonderful fur colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

And a delightful image it is too! Wonderful CAS card :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

simply gorgeous squirrel.really love how you coloured sweet james :D

xx coops xx

Annette said...

Glad to see James is back! :0)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Peeping James is so sweet. I love the coloring job you have given him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...