WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 15 February 2014

Caterpillars Are Tough

Evening all - hope this storm hasn't caused you too many issues this time around.  The gale force winds started here mid afternoon yesterday and although it is still very choppy and gusty, I no longer feel as if we are about to lose the roof like last night.  How I actually got any sleep I'm not sure as I was leaping up every time something crashed or banged.

I have been busy with DT work today, and we also popped over to the Oldies to take dad's birthday presents.  As a treat I bought him a Colin The Caterpillar cake yesterday morning from M&S.  Those cakes are tough I have to say, poor Colin got a bit of a battering, having spent the day in a warm office, and then been transported home through wind and rain, on a bus.  This end of the journey he nearly became a butterfly sooner than expected as the wind near took the bag from my hand.  But survive it he did, and he is now safely stored in a cool pantry, all ready to be scoffed on Tuesday.

Anyhoo, I have something to share with you today and it is mice.


The stamp is LOTV Sprinkled With Sugar
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) on Bristol Board
Papers are all, I think, Papermania from an unlabelled pack
Whimsy Corner dies
Hobby Arts sentiment

I made this for my sister-in-law, and whilst I didn't expect her to gush over it, I was rather put out by the comment "Oh, well, it's nicely put together".  EXCUSE me?!!  Card Factory for you next year missus.

I must just say a quick Hello to my four new followers who have appeared over the past week.  What a lovely surprise to find you, and I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

We're sat here waiting for our takeaway delivery (Chinese) so that's me in the diet naughty corner for a couple of days, lol.  My excuse is that I need the intake to keep warm.  Hope you are having a super Saturday evening.  See you tomorrow.

Hugs, Squirrel xx



14 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very funny post today, poor cake and how rude about your lovely card, love the cute mice and the colours. Tut tut on the diet, how is it going? Enjoy your Chinese xx

Sarah said...

Great card Squirrel, love the stamp and the papers are fab...some people just have NO taste!! My boys loved Colin the Caterpillar cakes when they were littleys...aaah takes me back!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well I love the image AND how you have put it together AND the papers. In fact all of it and would like it for my birthday in a few weeks LOL.

My SIL takes the embellies off my cards to her family and gives them back to me! This year they will be FLAT cards.

Chrissy said...

Well, I think your card is gorgeous Squirrel and Il ove this cute image and the papers a fabulous..love the florals..and Chinese is supposed to be healthy and good for you.so you dont have to go into the diet naughty corner..unless you eat the wontons..enjoy!

luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

This is a lovely card. How annoying it is when people don't appreciate the cards we make especially for them! Enjoy the cake!
Sharon x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous squirrel, so sorry it wasn't appreciated by your S.I.L. It is so upsetting with people like that. I think you have done awesome colouring and layout, the image is so cute too.

Keep safe sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxx

Annette said...

The cake story made me smile! LOL
Fab card hun, and I've had comments like those. My dad will often say exactly what he thinks of my cards. Even to the point of 'hmm, no I don't like that one'. There's no pleasing some people and they don't appreciate the time you've given up to make them something personally rather than buy an off-the-shelf one. Not worth the effort hun!
I love your meecie card, they're adorable and very pretty colouring. I have a couple of these meecie images and find them hard to colour as the little critters are so small, but yours looks fab.
Have a lovely Saturday evening, and hope the winds are reducing now. I'm waiting for our roof to come off. There were some odd sounds coming from it during last night.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

Well I love your card Squirrel, I adore those cheeky LOTV mice and your colouring and choice of papers are beautiful. It takes a lot of confidence for me to give out my cards so I only give them to people who I know will appreciate them, mostly crafty friends.
I hope your weather has calmed down a bit now, thankfully it has here finally.
Hugs Sue xx

Dorte said...

I love your post as always and your card is cute- as alweys,
enjoy your evening,
Dorte xx

Tanya said...

We had a caterpillar cake today too! :D they really are the business. It was a Tesco one not M&S though, hours away from the nearest M&S here…I'm in love with the colin the caterpillar jellies, and every time I'm in Dublin I buy a tenner's worth of them haha, best train journey home ever then :D

Gorgeous card too, I spotted it on the LOTV facebook page thing, love the colours and how you've coloured the image, i want to stick my finger out and scoop some of the jam out of that cake :P nom nom nom :D

Tags xx

Wishcraft said...

It's a gorgeous card hun... some people are very rude! Poor old Colin, glad he survived :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jackie said...

It's a lovely card Squirrel, despite what the ungrateful SiL says!
We have sunshine and NO WIND this morning so far :o)
Jackie xx

kay said...

Caterpillar cake was always my boys favourite :-) fab card and I hope you enjoyed those yummy Chinese calories x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

LOL! Oh my on the SIL. One year in my destitute youth I gave my SIL two novels from the secondhand bookstore. I found the least tattered copies I could and she scoffed at my used present. Pfft!

Anyway your card is nicely put together. hee hee Sugar and Spice and all things Mice. I like the colors.

Maybe she was traumatized by mice in her youth??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...