WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 5 March 2012

Hippity-Hop - and not a rabbit in sight

Evening all, how are we?  It has been a tad damp here since mid afternoon yesterday - I know the east of England is officially in drought but I didn't expect the Good Lord to try and correct that in twenty four hours!  We even had snow last night, although thankfully it was far too wet for it to get anywhere near sticking.  Today has been torrential rain from start to finish and I have a frizzy tail now.

Anyhoo, at our church I have been adopted by two lovely elderly ladies, Doreen and Joan, and it has become something of a joke that the three of us share the front pew, like the Three Wise Monkeys as our Priest put it one day.   Now, I had my leg operated on a while ago, Joan has recently had a hip replacement and now Doreen is due to have her hip done next week.  And because Doreen is such a poppet, I wanted to make her a get well/best wishes card.


I couldn't find an image of a hip replacement so I've gone for Whiff Of Joy's Wee With A Broken Leg - the sentiments came with the stamp.  Coloured in Distress Inks and simply matted with gems to finish.

Hugs, Sxx

19 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

clean lines and elegance with such a sweet image
Hugs Kate x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, I think I need this stamp, fab colouring as always, I am sure Doreen will love it.
Kevin xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I've never seen this image before but how perfect is that. Fab card.

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card and cute image! Doreen is going to love it! Fab colours too Z xxxxxxxxxxxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I'm sure this will cheer-up Doreen no end Squirrel - the image is amazing - haven't seen it before, but it's perfect for the occasion. Love your colouring too.
Sylvia xx

Tracy said...

Hi Squirrel,
A really fabulous design, love your image and colouring too. I'm sure your friend loved this.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Vicky said...

Lovely clean and elegant card, would make anyone feel better

hugs Vicky x x x

Sharon said...

It's a gorgeous card and that image is so cute. It's perfect.

Christy Beans said...

Oh, goodness, Squirrelly Girl... I was nearly rollin' on the floor laughing at the idea of a hip-replacement stamp image. I don't know exactly why, maybe it's my stressed out brain imploding, but I'm finding it hilarious after my Mom's hip replacement (not to mention the two knees that followed). Well, it's a beaut of a card as it always is, so apparently your brush didn't frizz out like your tail. ;) I'll just walk away now and have another giggle at the image of a gnome with a bandage slapped over his hip shuffling along in a walker. hee Hugs, The Nut

Chrissy said...

Aww..Squirrel, such a cute clean card, I'm sure she will love it...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Larisa said...

It is so nice!

Rufus said...

I'm trying to picture an image of a hip replacement...actually I've got an Art Impressions stamp that keeps coming to mind, old lady on a walker...anyhow...sorry to hear that your tail is a frizzed out. But that beats it being all limp like it was last week! I'm still giggling over the 3 Wise Monkey's image... Your friend is gonna love her card.
Hugs,
R/

Mandy said...

What a fabulous card,I love the image,not see it before....I loved reading your post and like some comments above had a chuckle at the thought of an image for a hip replacement,think it would be really useful for me I know so many people who have had or got to have one...
Mandy x

coops said...

so stunning hun.i love this woj image and the cas design really shows him off ;D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so stunning hun.i love this woj image and the cas design really shows him off ;D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, brilliant image :o)
Jackie xx

Jackie said...

Hi Squirrel, it's me again. So far I am loving my Grand Calibur, only time will tell. Of course I am limited with it at the moment as I on;y have two sets of Grand Nesties :o)
Jackie xx

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, my little Squirrel! The image is just perfect and I loooove the layout! Have a lovely day! Hugs Delphine xx

Pop's Cards said...

Very pretty sweetie ♥ Pops x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...