WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday 6 September 2011

Benjamin's Day

Hi all, hope you have not been blown or washed away yet.  Blimey, it's windy out there!

On Sunday, while I was out in the craft space and Toad was playing on the Wii, I heard the phone ringing.  Now, I don't know about you, but our phone always manages to go to answerphone no matter how quickly I scamper through the house - my mother thinks we vet all our calls!  Anyhoo, all I heard were the words "card - Christening - Benjamin".  Who the heck is Benjamin I thought as I made a grab for the receiver.

Turns out that it was my aforementioned darling mother calling, and Benjamin is the little lad next door to her.  And he is being Christened in a couple of weeks so she asked me to make a card for her and dad to send.  I said I would, and then I panicked.  Never made one of these before.  And it took some time before I remembered that I have this fab Lili Of The Valley stamp called Baby Christening


There was a lot of huffing and puffing over this.  I didn't want it too pastelly and pale but I did want blue.  So, a rummage through the papers later and I came up with a couple of sheets of Basic Grey, from different pads, and some Coordinations cardstock.  However, it was all a bit overwhelmed in spots so I added the lace border and the blue pearls to try and break it up a little bit.  Toad thinks it's fine and as he put it It will certainly stand out on the mantlepiece but I hope that it's not so different that my mother hates it.

Hugs, Sxx

14 comments:

craftymum said...

a really sweet card Squirrel
hugs sarah

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Squirrel! Looks so sweet!
Hugs Kristel

Claire said...

Lovely card hun. Hugs, Claire x

Stamps and Paper said...

An adorable card squirrel....lovely image

Anne

Carrieanne said...

Love the cute image and the layout is lovely x

Chrissy said...

How could anyone hate this, it is beautiful.The baby image stands out really well...love the lace and pearls, lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carissa said...

Very sweet card and I wouldn't worry, If your mother didn't love your cards she wouldn't ask you to make one for her. I am sure she will adore this one.
Hugs, Carissa

Bernie said...

This is adorable! I love the design and how the gown hangs over the edge of the circle. Toad is right, this will stand out on the mantel.
Blessings Bernie

Rufus said...

How could anybody hate this??? Go with Toad...it's a standout!
R/

coops said...

stunning card hun.the image is gorgeous and i love your papers and design :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, now that you have made you first they will come more easily :o)
Jackie xx

tilly said...

this is a beautiful image, I made a girl card a couple of weeks ago lol
Tilly

Zippy said...

Adorable and the image is just so sweet. Love the colours too now that I've seen them 'closer up'! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...