WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 26 August 2011

Ooh, get me, going all arty!

Pleased to report that craft space is now MUCH tidier and I managed to find some surface area too!  And one of the things about clearing up the junk is that you find lovely little treasures that you had forgotten about.

This afternoon I found half a packet of 6x4 glossy photo paper.  I also found, deeply buried, my brayer.  So with paper in one hand and brayer in the other what else could I do but have a little bit of a play.  Now, when you get to the picture you are bound to shout "Hang on a minute, that's not brayered" and you would be right.  The brayered version went straight in the bin.  I was using Distress Inks and they dried instantly so no room for mistakes with a roller!

Instead, I used Bev's cloud technique with hand-cut templates and an old sponge.  The inks I used were Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw and Chipped Sapphire.


And in my parcel this morning was this stamp - Penny Black Winter Sky - I fell in love the instant I saw it.  It just brings memories flooding back of childhood autumn/winters with a bright, crisp, fresh day, the bare branches and the rooks cawing away waiting for the fields to be ploughed and the rich smell of the freshly turned soil. 

Oh my gosh, came over all nostalgic then.  Anyways, much better than the sound of kids screaming and the smell of fuel fumes from cars being left running so the screen demists that we get these days.  One day we will win that jackpot and it'll be straight back to the countryside for me!

Hugs Sxx

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to get that stamp ! for the same reason as you !

God i miss those mornings )


Aj.

Lorraine A said...

Oh my goodness ,, this is stunning !! I now need this stamp too ! I remember those mornings too :-)

Good luck with winning the lottery :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Oooh...this is fabulous Squirrel...think I need it too! lol
Helen x

cebelica said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Squirrel...that sky is perfection..gorgeous image.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Martina said...

Absolutle great! It looks really cool!
Martina

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning Squirrel
So fabulous
mandi

Pink Dandelion said...

Fabulous card Squirrel, I've done a tidy up today but didn't find anything exciting, just some DST (I thought I'd run out) Debs xx

Bernie said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning, that sky is perfection!!
Blessings Bernie

Rufus said...

WOW, Squirrel this is gorgeous!! If tidying up lead to this I'd do it everyday! Had to laugh at your poem, right it does need a crafty section. You want to come over to my crafty space and find me some surface area, it's shrinking day by day, barley enough room for a card! I'd say I'm due for a tidy up as well.
R/

coops said...

wow this is fantastic squirrel.from seeing this in my dashboard i thought it was a photo.its stunning, i love the stamp and your sky is perfection.you`ve inspired me to get my inks out again :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful card. That stamp is brilliant :o)
Jackie xx

Tracy said...

I really love this Squirrel, gorgeous creation and so well done, the effect is beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sarah-Jane said...

Wonderful! Your sky is amazing xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All I can say is WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hunny this is AWESOME! I totally love this and its my fav COLOUR! too! :0)

Stamps and Paper said...

What an amazing card....this stamp is definately on my WANT list...

Anne

Annette said...

And this one !!! OMG!!! It's FAB.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...