WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 19 February 2011

Less is More - Spring Theme

Apparently Spring is on the way ...... you've got to be kidding!  It's freezing here today - it's been pouring with rain since last evening and hasn't let up once - it's more like November, brrrrrrrrrr.

Anyhoo, the wonderful new challenge that is LESS IS MORE are, for their week three challenge, asking for Spring themed cards ..... just what we need to lift the spirits and get us looking forward to all those wonderful sunny days and bright blooms of crocus and daffodils.

I had one of those Archimedes moments..... although thankfully I wasn't naked and screaming Eureka as I leapt from the bath.  I wasn't even in the bath ..... I was having a sneaky nap in the armchair with Vince.

The first card I made I was pleased with, but I didn't think it was CAS enough .....


I bought these Alphabet stamps from Create & Craft ages ago and have only used them once or twice.  I really think I should get them out more often.  K & Co Daffodil papers, and an EK Success butterfuly punch.  The hard part was arranging the letters.

Not altogether happy with that, I made a second one, which I think is much more fitting for the LIM philosophy.....


Still with thr K&Co papers but with the addition of Hero Arts little letters. 

Hugs, Squirrel xx

30 comments:

Chrissie said...

You are so right the second one is decidedly more LIM than the first. I love the cheeky spring in the middle of the word Spring... brilliant!
It's great. Thanks for participating and thanks for showing us the evolution of your card. (Talking Darwin now not Archimedes!)
See you next week
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue said...

Hi squirrel, 2 fabulous cards, the second one is my face:)

Sue
Xx

Mandi said...

Hi Squirrel, agree it isnt overly spring like today, bit chilly! Bu the sun is shining!
Great take on the theme this week, prefer the second and I too like the little raise of the i..very cute!
Thanks for joining us again
mandi
"Less is More"

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Squirrel - Just love your 'Spring cards' especially the 2nd one a great take on the 'spring' challenge.

Anne

Laura Tee said...

Great cards and I definitely agree that the second one is more LIM style!
It's rainy and grey here in London too. Didn't stop me from going out to a craft shop. :)
Have a great week x

Jane said...

Lovely cards especially the second one x

Viv said...

Think you were right and the second one is more CAS - the little touch with the sparkly butterfly and the placing of the letter 'i' was very clever! Like it.

Gibmiss said...

Hi
love the second one ....Fab.....
hugs
sylvie

starcyl said...

Both cards are great but for this challenge think that the second one is a winner.
Jennyn x

Pink Dandelion said...

Great cards Squirrel. Love your Alphabet stamps on the patterned paper. The second one is definitely more in the LIM style. Debs xx

Mau xx said...

Love them both.. but think the second one is a LIM one for sure, I love its gentle style. xx

TAM said...

Two fabulous cards but the second fits the LIM style to a "tee"

Chrissy said...

Love the clean and simple look of the second card VERY much.Gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! so springy! love how the daffodils are in the middle of the S.

Thanks for your inspiration, a little reward on my blog for you.

Maureen said...

Two lovely card, well done.
Maureen...........x

Marlou McAlees said...

cutie card, love it :)

Susan said...

Both are cute cards...but I tend to lean more toward the second card. I love how you've "popped" the "i" up in sping...perfect design!

Uma said...

great stuff, I prefer the second card too

Deborah Frings said...

While both cards are really lovely. The second is most certainly more in line with Less Is More! I like the big inital letter and the "i" jumping out of the word. Very nice!!

S Jane said...

Good for you....showing both your cards! You are spot on the 2nd card is perfectly LIM.....love it!

Jan said...

Love it xx Jan

Pauline said...

Lovely cards, a great idea using the word spring.

Seafield Jo said...

These are lovely cards, what a great idea. Very effective. I have those alphabet stamps and use them all the time, they're great used on shrink plastic too, hope you don't mind me saying :0)

Sarn said...

Both good cards, but I think the second one is more effective and def more CAS.
Hugs, Sandra

Lynne said...

Your second card is fabulous for LiM. I love the spring in spring lol. Very imaginative.
Lynne xxx

ikki said...

Love your take on the theme - good thinking! ikki

Angelnorth said...

These are lovely but the second definitely wins for me, love hte little jump in the middle of the word and the bright daffodils showing in the big chunky letter!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bright and cheery card. Just what i needed to see today

Linda said...

I love them both. You really thought out of the box with this one. usually we all go straight for images. Well done an such a different aspect xx

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you've used the daff paper.
2nd one is also my fave, and I love the ittle 'i' jumping in the air - adds an extra twist :)

Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...