WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 13 August 2009

A Little Bit of Good News

Hi all

I've had two physio appointments this week - the first on Tuesday was the tortuous circuit training and today's was a one-to-one with my individual physio and ......

..... he's discharged me!!

YIPPEE - no more sweaty Tuesday mornings with Wed/Thurs rolling around in agony.

He said he was really pleased with progress, was happy with how confident I am with the exercises and is happy that I can self-manage now.

I explained that I am still getting a lot of pain in the knee but the consultant had said this was soft tissue damage. He confirmed this and said it may take several more months for that to go. He thinks it will be about a year from operation to full recovery.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, that being discharged by the physio is not a huge event but it meant so much to me.

It's been a rough four months so far and I was getting so low. I hit rock bottom about halfway through and you know what they say, the only way is up, and today has been a really good boost.

I've got a doctor's appointment on Monday so it'll be interesting to see how much longer I get signed off for, especially as after 17 weeks I've still got bruising (you should have seen it on week 1 - it was navy/purple/black from bum to ankle). Another couple of weeks would be nice as I'm now getting into the Christmas cards LOL!!

Yours, still limping but with a small skip
Squirrel xxx

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh that is such good news Squirrel, hope you get you couple of weeks Christmas card making :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline C said...

ooh hun that is good news ... hope it's not too long before you're running up and down trees!!
Hugs
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Great news Squirrel. As you say, the only way is up (in your case, a tree lol ;-} )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...