WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday 16 October 2018

Have I Been Good Enough?

Every month, on the 1st, I get twitchy for the new release from Clearly Besotted, and 1st October was a biggie, what with it being full of Christmas goodies.  I may have indulged a little bit .....


This year all my cards are CAS for Christmas, that way I stand a vague chance of actually having enough ready in time - although sometimes the colouring is taking far longer that chucking a heap of embellishments in the air.

So for this one I used the Clearly Besotted Winter Plushies set (darn it, they are cute, and will be used a LOT), and teamed it with a sentiment from the Say It's Christmas sentiment set.

I painted the Plushies with Distress Inks (ReInkers).  Recently I have changed my painting paper from Bristol Board to Langton Smooth Grain (a proper watercolour paper) - you might not have noticed the difference but I certainly have, especially as the Langton looks so cream against the white base card!  That aside, it really has helped with moving the colour around the paper and getting a smoother grading.  I may have to remake this card as I can see where I haven't been able to blend very well to get rid of the hard edges.  It's all a learning curve huh.

Hugs to all

5 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Great card loving those sentiments love an hugs Carole x

Irene said...

They are superrr cute and look fabulous on your card! I make more and more CAS-cards (maybe with 1 designerpaper) cause I love them and mailing is getting more expensive every single year so try to only need 1 stamp!

XxIrene

Pop's Cards said...

This is so cute I love them little deers with the red noses, so sweet, hugs Pops x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great fun card with fabby images and superb colouring Squirrel.
Faith
x

Annette said...

So you're now a Langton convert?!!! I admit it's the only thing I've managed to get along with but you're right, it is more cream. I tend to avoid white card bases now and use kraft (or cover the whole card base with papers). I love these plushies, they look perfect. (ps - I think I'll have to tick box 2, based on the 1st box) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...