WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 14 February 2015

Smart Cookie

Now then, I thought I was being a smart cookie taking a day off work for Friday 13th - not that I am superstitious or anything but it never hurts to play it safe does it.  All was going well, until I got out a new set of dies that were all tagged together with those little bits of wire.

I couldn't find the wire cutters so, as I have done before, I reached for my sturdy scissors.  It's amazing how much finger can be snipped with those scissors.  The wire cut quicker than I anticipated and the scissors managed to take a rather large chunk out of the knuckle of my left index finger!

Anyhoo, the day did improve as the postie delivered my new Tiddly Inks stamps and I just had to play.


So this little cutie is
Tiddly Inks - Smart Cookie Wryn
Coloured with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and with Polychromos Pencils for her hair
Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted
Stitched scalloped border is Lawn Fawn
Paper is LOTV/Nitwits Solid Promises
Chocolate Chip pearls are from Crafty Devils

Hope you have a super weekend.

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx




14 comments:

Lorraine said...

She looks fabulous and beautifully coloured.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lorraine x

The Little Stamper said...

Oh dear Squirrel - what a disastrous start to the day…you are miking me think that crafting might be the next extreme sport - lol!

I hope the dies were worth the pain (I am sure they were!)

I love your tidily inks card - she is just beautiful. I am a big fan of Tiddly Inks but only have digi images so far - I might have to treat myself to some actual stamps methinks!

Sharon x

Annette said...

She's lovely but I rather fancy some cookie now!!! Love her hair.
And please, next time, use the wire clippers.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Alison59 said...

I love the way you've made the hair "shine". Fab card. Hope your finger heals up soon :-)

Sarah said...

Hope the finger is Ok Squirrel!! Love this gorgeous card, what an amazing job you have made if her hair xx

Whisper said...

Oooo it's so frustrating when you have new dies & you can't get too them - I hope your wound heals up soon.

No wonder you had to stamp up this cutie straight away, luv Sam x

Chrissy said...

She is lovely Squirrel, a real little cutie and coloured beautifully..hope the finger mends fast..I nipped the inside of mine the other night fussy cutting as I wasn't concentrating on what I was doing and talk about bleed...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the sweet image and stunning colouring.
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope it heals soon.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Debs said...

Totally gorgeous card Squirrel - so beautifully coloured.
Ouch about the finger - hope it is on the mend.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Squirrel, sounds painful hun. Love your gorgeous card hun.

Donna x

Jackie said...

Ooooooooooooh, ouch, I felt that!
What a stunning CAS card, and a delightfully cute image, beautifully coloured :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Who thought our hobby could be so dangerous.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

Fun !! Xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

There's no blood splatter on the card so it all must be well and good then. Any event with a cookie that large has to be good!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...