WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 17 August 2012

Winter Wonderland (DT) Winter Sports!

And a very happy Friday morning to you!  It is a happy morning in Squirrel Towers because (a) it is WINTER WONDERLAND challenge day and (b) I've got the day off work, wheeeeeeeeee!

Thank you for all your fabulous entries last week, you certainly loved that challenge, and choosing the Winner and Top 3 is going to be a hard task - glad it's not my decision this time.  Don't forget to pop over to Winter Wonderland on Sunday morning, it could be you.

So, let's see what you make of this week's theme WINTER SPORTS - sledging, skating, snowball fights, skiing ...... that kind of thing.  

As a bonus for you, we have TWO sponsors this week; we are so pleased to welcome a brand new regular sponsor CRAFTY-EMBLIES, and our regular sponsor KENNY K - Crafty-emblies are offering a £10 voucher and Kenny K are offering 5 digital images of the winner's choice.

I got a bit excited when I saw the theme as I have had this stamp burning a hole in the studio just crying out to be used:

The ingredients for my card are:
Stamped Image  Marianne Design - Ice Skating Don
Medium  Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Sentiment  LOTV Circular Sentiments
Papers  Papermania Yellow Collection (yes, really, yellow - that's what it says on the pack!!)

I've had a few questions about how I achieve this type of background to my images and, honestly, it's not that difficult to do if you are good with a small pair of scissors!  All I do is make a mask for the image using either a Post-It Note or, if I am feeling extravagent, Eclipse Masking Tape - this one was a bit fiddly because of the skates and his hair (you can see I didn't cut too close around his hair).  Once the mask is in place, I use Distress Inks pads with an old, and now very tatty, Hero Arts sponge.  It's like a small round car washing sponge but with a finer texture.  I have tried make-up sponges but they are a bit too dense and slippery and I end up with skid marks, and no girl wants those on a card!!  Really, a bit of patience and it's not that hard.  It can't be, or I wouldn't do it.


Right then, time to get your skates on (stop groaning) and get a Winter Sports card made and entered in the challenge - what's keeping you?!

Hugs, Sxx

15 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love this image and those papers are fab. Wot no embellies!

Claire said...

Just brilliant hun - love the image and that background and the lovely bright papers have cheered me up on this dull miserable day. Have a fab day sweetie. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Wonderful card Squirrel, and love the backgroud, fabulous colouring.The papers are great. love the colours, such a fab stripe.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Great card Squirrel! Love the way you've done the background!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah x

Victoria said...

Fabulous image - can see why it was burning a hole in the studio! Hope that you're feeling a bit better today - and a day of work too! Hurrah!

Victoria said...

Clearly I meant 'off' work... should proofread my comments more!

Sue said...

WOW! Such a brilliant card. I love that image and your colouring is wonderful - especially loving the background.

Hugs Sue

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card! love your colouring!
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning hun.your background i gorgeous and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow love this image, not seen it before. Unusual colour scheme for a Christmas card but it really works. Debs xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow this s fabulous .. love your colouring
Lisa x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lurve this combo for a Xmas card, how unusual but it WORKS so well, love it.

downrightcrafty said...

what a fabulous card love the image and those stripes are really just perfect, thanks for you kind comment
Hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

fabulous card hunny that background is awesome! way to go! hugs me xx

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card and the background is amazing! Xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...