WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 25 September 2010

Friday Sketchers meets Penny Black Saturday

Afternoon all - hope you are having great weekends so far.  Just before I settle down for the qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix, I have a card to share with you.

FRIDAY SKETCHERS have a wonderful sketch created by Jeanette (one I shall definitely be using again).

PENNY BLACK SATURDAY CHALLENGE have the theme of Indian Summer.

Now, a friend of ours is soon to set of for Nepal for three weeks trekking in the Himalayas.  We think he is insane but I've been wanted to make him a good luck card and this all sort of fell into place with the two challenges.

Here is Jeanette's sketch:
And here is my card:




















I've used Penny Black's Nature Trail Ted, coloured with Distress Inks, and the papers are all from the Basic Grey Indian Summer collection with the exception of the plain terracotta which is Dovecraft.  Sentiment is Craftwork Cards.

Here's a close up of the ted and his backpack

















Thanks for dropping by, catch up with you soon.
Hugs, Squirrel xx

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel!! You're really getting the hang of those distress inks! I love the sweet image, perfect for your friend.
I hope you enjoy your afternoon with the grand prix!
xx :0)

D said...

What a darling card :) Love how you colored your teddy.

Tracy said...

Oooo so rich and gorgeous, I love your image too, so adorable.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie said...

I did laugh when I read you were off to watch the "Car's going round and round"...Sorry. My friend loves it and I think it's so boaring, so I always say to her are you watching the cars goin round and round and she goes mad!!
Had to tell you.
Your card is gorgeous, I am hoping to do this sketch it;s lovely and your teddy image is so cute, look at his little dungarees, Ah. Debbiexx

martina's kaartjes said...

Wonderful colouring, great card !
greetings, martina
x

coops said...

great card squirrel.the image is fab and wonderful colouring :)

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Squirrel! Lovely image, great colouring and gorgeous papers! Hugs Delphine xx

Rufus said...

Great card, Squirrel! Love the image, your coloring is fab and those papers are gorgeous!!! It's been awhile since I sent Vincent some love so please deliver it for me. Would hate for him to think I don't still love him!
Hugs,
R/

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a really sweet card. Thanks for joining in the Challenge from PBSC.

Domi

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the image and gorgeous rich colours... lovely colouring too :o) Lisa x

Uma said...

he's a cutie, a real walker like you hunny

Kath Stewart said...

cute card squirrel...isn't he just the cutest ted.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Tasha said...

Wow your colour work is gorgeous. What a darling image. Fab layout
love tasha xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Mrs Wonka said...

This is so cute, and the colouring in is FAB!!!
Big squidges
Ms Wonka xxx

Jeanette said...

Oh my dear Squirrel! It has been too long since I last visited your gorgeous blog! Life is slowing down a bit so I have the chance to pop over and say "hi"
Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week over at the Friday Sketchers Challenge!
Hugs Jeanette xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel - adorable image and fab papers. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...